Let's look at my death metal battlevest

 Earlier this month I finally finished my death metal themed battlevest (for now at least). So let's have a good look at it because there are a lot of patches on there that I want to talk about. 
First of all as is probably obvious from the pictures I tried to keep to a specific colour scheme with this one. The vest itself is black with the patches all featuring white and red. This was the third vest I started (though for some reason the fourth I've finished) and I hadn't done a colour scheme like this before so I figured why not? 



I think it's safe to say that it has turned out really well! I'm happy with how the mix of white and red looks here. I guess a little bit more red wouldn't have hurt but I think this is good. I've left some space empty above the backpatch just in case I end up running into some local band at a concert or festival that I really want to give a spot to on this vest.
Let's look at some of the patches. I'm not going to call out every single one of them because we would be here for a while. But there are definitely a bunch that I think are worth naming here. For starters there is obviously the backpatch, which is Dying Fetus. They are probably the best live band in death metal in my opinion so when I was first patch shopping for this thing I knew that patch was going to be the one as soon as I saw it.
Right below them is Asphyx, who I wanted to give a very central spot. I've mentioned before that they are the greatest Dutch death metal band of all time in my opinion so they couldn't be missed. A bit further down to the left you'll see Revel in Flesh from Germany. They were one of the first death metal shows I ever visited so I'm glad I found a big patch for them. Next to it is Sisters of Suffocation, they aren't active anymore so I'm glad I got that one in time. 
Some other notable names for me on the back include Be'lakor, Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse, Bloodbath and Septicflesh. 


On the front there are a lot of bands that I have some kind of personal attachment to. Starting on the top left we have Kraanium. A slam band who I've seen multiple times at really small venues in The Netherlands. A bit lower we have Fractured Insanity from Belgium and below that we have one of the MVPs of this years festival season, Severe Torture. After 3 extremely good sets at 3 different festivals from them I knew that they had to be on this vest. And luckily I was able to find a patch in time.
Below them is Mouflon, who I recently did an album review on. They are basically the top local death metal band for me so obviously they had to be on this vest. This patch was actually the last one I sew onto it as well, I kept that specific spot open for it and it fits perfectly. 
On the leftmost row there are a few more notable names as well. Omnium Gatherum is my personal favourite melodeath band for example. Schizophrenia is a great band from Belgium who I've seen a ton of times over the years, and Ingested was the first slam band I ever got into. 
On the right side we have Defeated Sanity in red, another band that's special to me for being one of the very first live shows I've ever gone to. Right below them is Stillbirth, surf slam from Germany. Some other notable names on the front include Devourment, Benighted, Bodyfarm and Cryptopsy. 

All in all I think I have a great battlevest here. There are a ton of great bands here and I'm honestly very happy with the selection I've made. Eventually I will fill up the space above the backpatch as well but that's just a matter of when I will find something I would want to have there. 
The only bands that I can think of right now that I would've really liked to have a spot on here are Avulsed and Guttural Slug. But there's probably a whole bunch of other malarkey I could still add. So hopefully I'll be able to find patches of them eventually to put in that spot.

With that I'm going to call it a post. I still have 3 more finished vests that I want to show here at some point. And two more that are currently a work in progress! So expect to see more posts like this eventually.

Bring 'em to the pit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's look at some of the games I've cleared from my backlog recently

Introduction to the Crimson Pit

My backlog is way too large for my own good